The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, May 13, 2011

I am a big fan of C. S. Lewis' work. This morning I reread this little quote and it's good just as an idea, but then I thought about the notion of Jesus returning to God so that the Holy Spirit could have a turn with humanity. I believe the HS helps us through this earthly journey helping "build" us for eternity. 

Suddenly this morning I wondered ... That place that Jesus went to prepare ... could it be a place where many mansions, in the CSL context, will "be"?  Heaven, with it's street of gold, a place of many mansions ... Where God lives?  It would be so ironic if we think we'll show up and "get" a house, or new container of some sort, only to find that without that crusty earth shell, or souls expand into the shape God had in mind when He thought of us ... Less tent more mansion!  I know I feel the Holy Spirit at work with a sledge hammer etc in my soul!

No comments: