The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 18, 2011

While I was out walking my dog I realized that I have been looking at this wrong ...

I have been looking at what the locust ate. I have been looking at the loss of what I planted and tended. I've been looking at a major source of joy in my life ... Gone ... Like, almost overnight.

What I haven't been looking at is the fact that I am how I am largely because of the nourishment I received in those fields while I tended them. That work helped make me strong and healthy and whole ... Not by my own hand (cause I know my own hand would have messed it up ... I woulda broken the gift unwrapping it ... I didn't know to take off my shoes when I walked up on a burning bush ... Thinking only to warm my hands there ...) but by God's grace. And I know that. I know that I was given the wonderful opportunity to learn many many life lessons in an airplane ... And because of an airplane. Wow.

You know what ... The sun doesnt seem to be shining on my days right now. It's pretty dismal, the weather down here on the ground ... Soupy ... Sucks for me. But.


I've spent enough time thinking about what "my field" meant to me and how truly unfair the locust dinking it around has been ... Ugh. Really!?! Now I'm going to really try to discipline myself towards being thankful for ... Great soil and ... for all the good found and retained from working in that field ... So to speak. And most of all ... Best of all, I'm remembering how it feels to trust God. I have seen with my own eyes and inside my own soul, that God knows how to straighten stuff out ... and He is willing to do stuff that I would never ever imagine possible to see His purposes through. I may try to express this idea better later, but I wanted to remind myself 'cause I seem to be under the water of this pretty much of the time ... This is a moment of air ... I need more of these and I know ... God is watching and He's got this ... I can trust. I am able to trust.

No comments: