The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

patience = persevere

Patience noun
1.
the quality of being patient as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2.
an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with slow learner.
3.
quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

Uh oh ... there is one of those words ... protect, trust, hope, persevere ... love.

So, I'm thinking about how amazingly patient I really am then I read the definition and look at some Bible references and some cultural references and I see that I am very patient in some areas and not so very patient in others.  That feeling I was describing was basically free floating annoyance, aka grumpiness.

the idea of delay ... I don't have any plans.  that's what the burn is ... when I feel good about what I think is going on I can handle the everyday stuff that we all deal with ... I think I'm doing a good job with that.  It's this series of disappointments and then on top of that not knowing what I should do ... not knowing what I'm doing ... not doing anything ... it creeps me out.

well ... obviously I need to do some thinking here ... 




No comments: