The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Half the day is gone ... and I am having trouble getting started.  A plate with pancake scraps still sits on the counter top in the kitchen ... dishwasher, usually unloaded from the night before sits with the door hanging open ... I've stacked only the plates in the cabinet.  Oh yeah ... I did notice fingerprints there and refilled my little rubbing alcohol bottle to quickly spritz the smudges away.  I've mopped yet another layer of settled dust up ... almost done ... walls, wiped again, check ... windows, I've done one of the three in that room, complete with Q-tip around the fasteners.  My brother has called twice ... we chatted while I mopped.  He says "it's" probably in my AC system ... he encourages me to stay with it.  He also says there is something to be said for a woman who doesn't cuss well.  He laughs ... maybe thinking of the first wife.

My arms are tired.   I feel a stiffness in my hand, the right one.  I don't want to unscrew another duplex outlet today ... five more to do in that room.  That one just plopping out when I unplugged something the other day surprised me ... old brittle plastic ... I loosen the screws which hold the old copper in place.  These have been set for a long while.  The new stuff just isn't made like this ... yep, there it is, Made in the USA.


Over coffee I checked back on a blog I look at only occasionally, his has always made me laugh out loud ... I need that today ... he has a post on Lonely.  A new to me blog which I'll look at occasionally flips me to a post on reflections on the point of soldiering ... saw that last night, and ... I kinda get it.  My brother was mentioning a white teddy bear with a red bow ... it belonged to his daughter, now she has a child of her own ... and he wishes things had gone differently.  My Momma called yesterday ... she doesn't remember that we spoke on Sunday and we do a repeat of the entire hour long conversation.  She wonders why I didn't call her on Mother's Day ... but, I did.  I went for a walk with my phone and shared my special quiet time with her ... she has forgotten that already and I am so sad that she thinks I would forget to call her.  So ... I post this picture of the flowers to help me remember that there are truly perfect things ... maybe even all around us.  While hereto post the picture I notice that Captain Dave has a new post up ... I know I should save it for later when I really have time to enjoy it.  But ... it's sorta like having ice cream in the freezer ... I open the door for just a tiny taste and suddenly the spoon has a mind of its own.  The shot on final ... I think this may be the prettiest thing I've ever seen.  Perfect.

I just wanted to load this picture of the gardenias ... yes, they are perfect.  Perfect ... truly so.  I am thankful ... the smell of them encourages me to think good thoughts.

The washer and dryer are pulled away from the wall ... waiting for joint compound ... then to finish and paint ... and the laundry piles up in the mean while.  I feel just a bit overwhelmed.  I think I need to spend some moments in the salt water ... soaking out the dust of this ... and walking along the shore ... my hair needs to blow ... I need to feel what I feel there.

No comments: