The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

bizzz z bizzz z bizzz z

I am trying to think about possible futures.  On a small scale, my view size scale.  I love that we humans can synthesize "true" happiness, and I love being a basically happy person.  I think it is true that gratitude fuels happiness.
Anyway ... lately, I am trying to think of what it might look like to "select" what comes next in a way different from how my generation tends to see "retirement".  I was thinking, all these years, that we'd just move to the beach, and spend time sort of like on vacation.  I like vacations at the beach especially, but I think sitting around on vacation would become very tedious very fast.  And is it really a vacation with house payments and car payments and insurance payments and ... all that?
So ... I'm searching the web for how maybe other folks do "retirement".  I'm looking for interesting ideas.  And, I haven't figured out a satisfactory search term yet, but the words I'm using have rendered some very amusing results.


Those are a couple of sage thoughts.  
I want to think of what I do want.  Im trying to circle in on it.  L, husband, has said he will never retire and I bet he won't.  I believe him.  Don't know exactly how he intends to continue his career path, but I do know working is what he loves to do.  I do a lot of the other stuff that families have to have done so that they have time to focus of "working".  One of my friends said when their last child left for college she announced to her husband that she intended on concentrating on herself to the extent that she would no longer be cooking or doing laundry etc. for him.  She said he has time for that himself and she needs her time to do what ever she is going to do.  They like each other, it's not really a weird thing at all.  When one of them comes up with something interesting to do together, they are both in, just that they have room in their relationship to do some of their own thing(s) as well.  I think I am going to need to  do some of the stuff I want to do while my husband does what he wants to do.  I've been waiting on him for a long time now, and it is finally sinking in that he doesn't really want to do very much of the stuff I am interested in doing. I need to re-vision some of the stuff I thought we might do together.  Walking the trail is an example of that ... I imagined that we would do that together, but it's not really something my sweetie wants to do.  If I'm going to do that and all those other things (like see a ballet, it's been so long) or go to some concerts (he loathes crowds and especially when there is music involved) ... road trips or whatever, I need to see them a little differently then I have.

Thinking of this for the next chest project:

and this ... this is what I'm talking about:

No comments: