The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rain


"Send some rain, would You send some rain?

'Cause the earth is dry and needs to drink again

And the sun is high and we are sinking in the shade

Would You send a cloud, thunder long and loud?

Let the sky grow black and send some mercy down
Surely You can see that we are thirsty and afraid"

~Nichole Nordeman, Gratitude

I know I am way too busy with less important stuff when I realize I haven't spoken with my brother in I don't remember when.  Spent some time visiting with him this morning.  A quick look around the house shows me that I have enough little projects to keep me busy 'til Thanksgiving probably.  I like it.  I like doing stuff around my home quite a bit.
I am trying to spend some quiet time thinking about actual landings (of airplanes) and some of the life lessons which may be culled from thoughts on landings.  All of a sudden I am inundated with people who want help working on their landings, just plain ole landings, also performance landings ... the basic spectrum.  It's interesting how many ways a landing can happen/be executed and still be referred to as a successful landing.  And ... it's interesting to think about the ever-changing dynamics of landing an airplane ... and about most desirable landings in a metaphoric sense. Maybe I am trying to circle in on the finesse that maturity might bring to the event, maybe it's about acknowledging the "gravity" of the situation ... it's got a lot of little pieces which come together for better or worse outcomes ... and those little bits are in flux.   I am definitely not of the school of thought that supports the notion that "any landing one can walk away from is a good landing".  That's just a ridiculous statement ... surely it's intended in jest?!
Anyway ... landings.
And little projects around the house.
And ... most importantly, time with/for my people.

No comments: