The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, April 23, 2015

that one exception ...

clover
Maybe I know, somewhere
Deep in my soul
That love never lasts
And we've got to find other ways
To make it alone
Or keep a straight face
And I've always lived like this
Keeping a comfortable, distance
And up until now
I had sworn to myself that I'm content
With loneliness
Because none of it was ever worth the risk
(PARAMORE LYRICS - The Only Exception)

something about ... leave something behind to prove it wasn't a dream ... something about I'm on my way to believing ... 


It's funny how lyrics, or partial lyrics can pop in to your head.  I remember some of this song, probably what I wanted to remember. (I like that word, the way it looks re-member)I'm reading back over that dream that I wrote about here and then decided to archive.  Dreams ... pouf ... they are gone even quicker then real life, but the value lingers because it (the dream) illuminates aspects of oneself left unexplored in the conscious world.  Dreams can be irresponsible.  Dreams can be dreams.  These lyrics were beside it, the dream thing, in the draft pile. Just a couple of minutes ago I watched the video for the first time. Maybe it was about just a dream ... or maybe she was on her way to believing in love.

I'm not sure how I feel about any of it ... except that it's risky for certain, and ... not for the faint of heart.  I do think it can last though. I'm certain that it can.

Sometimes I pray to forget.  But sitting here thinking about it, I realize that I really don't want to forget.  Love is always good - even if it's just a dream ... it shows us what we are capable of.

No comments: