The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, December 18, 2016

Leeks
Leek/Cauliflower soup with mozzarella and red pepper


L and "Four" kayaking
70s yesterday, low 20s now as I type!

cat harassment


last year's lights, all of them, on this year's tree

Christmas decorating ... 
V and I visited a church Christmas bizarre, I call it that because it seems weird to me when things are for sale at church ... it was in the gym (that a church has a gym is a little bizarre to me too, but most of them do these days) ... and Boy Scouts were handing out flyers advertising their Christmas tree sale/fundraiser.  I thought that, buying our tree from the Scouts, would be right up my husband's alley.  


The tree that L selected is our best tree ever and fits nicely under an eight foot ceiling, the hugeness of it is in it's breadth!  An entire elk family could shelter beneath it's branches! I think I strung five bunches of little twinkling lights before I made my first run to Target for more.  The lights were finally "on" and I went outside to search for something peaceful to look at ... came back in and string number two from the bottom had "blown".  My husband graciously sorted that out for me while I made my final (fingers crossed) trip to the light store.  The ornaments, still packed in their little boxes, were waiting on the coffee table.  I was very surprised when the two youngest girls showed no inclination to decorate the tree.

It's all done now!  I'm starting to see why people like the artificial trees with lights already on.  During a house hunt I saw a "Christmas Tree Closet" cleverly placed under the stairs to a second floor.  Those people leave their entire tree decorated.  Wow.  That peculiar little (ocd) click in my personality makes replacing the ornaments in their storage "spots" and back into the big plastic ornament tub one of my favorite holiday rituals. That and placing the lights on the tree in sync with the constellations found in the Winter sky.  
Yeah, not really.
That would be weird!

star chart at antique store
(with sold sign - I thought it was cool/interesting)

Now it's time to start baking!

No comments: