The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, February 6, 2019



There is a place in Waco, Texas,  Homestead Heritage Village, they call it "an intentional Christian community", which sounds a little red flaggy to me but other than that ... they make a lot of really cool stuff, the brooms pictured above among them.  Last week we purchased live edge lumber (for my kinda tiny) master bathroom.  It was the last room I painted in this house, having waited almost a year while we decided if we were going to work with the space as it is or take in the small adjoining space (which houses the area pictured in the preceding post). I am surprised by how much I like those areas. I do miss a deep soak tub, but it is good to have something to wish for.

Earlier today my husband and I apartment sat for our oldest son. He has recently moved and the cable guy needed in. I love the area he chose because it is like a macro community with live/work arrangement, and plenty of interesting places for him to unwind at the end of his work day ... super cool environment for the little fur monster who keeps him company.  I like Australian Shepherds a lot.  They are perfectly delightful beasts. Their energy level is very demanding though.
I wish I was able to see my two out of state kids more often. I don't worry about them, I just think they are all really neat people. And I like to hug them.

Yesterday I went to a very neat fabric store where I found the two fabrics for the next little quilt I'm getting ready to make. Cant remember if I put a picture of the one I made last year here or not.  I'm not a quilter. I don't know what people do with the quilts they make except give them away. My plan is to make a few "mini quilts" which might become baby quilts.  Lol.  I'm still truly okay with no grandchildren, though I'm concerned that today's parents might be a bit creeped out by how big I smile at their tiny shopping cart babies. It's a different world... .

I've been really happy lately.  I seem to be at a really happy time in my life. And I am trying to embrace that wholeheartedly.


We are planning a long camping/roadtrip for this Summer.  I really can't wait!  Our farthest (which I pronounce furthest even though I've been told that's incorrect) away point is Zion National Park. My HS Science teach kid is joining us for the trip. I am so glad that she can take huge chucks of time away to see the things she wants to see and I am so happy that she will be spending some of her summer traveling with her Dad and I. Max isn't going. He thinks the entire back of the car is his so he sprawls out everywhere. 

My childhood friends have a "Master Quilter" among them. She hosts a once a year girl's long weekend - that's what got me started on these mini quilts. And I secretly kinda love planning them out. And the hand-stitching is very fun.  


3 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

"live edge lumber" is a new term to me...

Zion is one of my favorite places! Have you been before? How far do you have to drive to get there? My husband and I slept outdoors camping on the ground there, in April when we had been married just a year, no children. We got rained on, so we tried to sleep in the car, and then drove on toward the Grand Canyon and had a highway accident in which we rolled our car and ended up in the ER (not badly injured) for a few hours in Flagstaff. Our car was totalled, we rode home on the bus with my cast iron skillet on my lap, and didn't see the Grand Canyon that trip.

But we went back another year with four children, to those beautiful Southwest parks, and another time after that with five. I am excited for you!!

GretchenJoanna said...

When do you go to Zion et al? I thought I commented on this post way back, but I guess not!

I love Zion but I think I've only been there twice... well, maybe three times.

GretchenJoanna said...

Oh, I just read in a previous post that it's in June you are making your trip - coming right up! I hope I'll see pics on IG. I'm going on a trip in June, too, to DC...