The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, June 21, 2021

 I think the best thing I saw today while we were driving through the grazing lands of Brazos County, Texas was a huge murmuration of birds, so large that it seemed to never lose touch with the ground even as it twirled into the sky. Nature has its own way with ballet I’ve noticed during these stiller times.

I was thinking I better make a note of that, hoping with a reminder, I might be able to see it again in my mind’s eye. 

It was splendid. Just all by itself I loved seeing it - how do they know how to fly so tightly? Do they communicate or simply flow with one another? And to see one that dips continuously to the ground - I’ve never seen before. Probably a ready supply of some unfortunate newly surfaced bug (hopefully hornworms). 


We are headed up to Michigan for a visit with our son. All that car time might support some catch-up posts. Hopeful. 

1 comment:

gretchenjoanna said...

I haven't seen a murmuration in many years. I guess the farmers around here are glad for that!

It will be nice if you DO write more during your travels!