The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements." - Napoleon Hill

I am thinking about those dreams ... where I just chill a while. I am thinking about cherishing those dreams. I haven't been. I've been trying to figure out how to stay on task ... not relaxing exactly ... okay, not relaxing at all ... I know how easily dreams can slip away.

My daughter, Revel, frequently asks me questions like, "What is your favorite word?" Questions like that always make me smile ... because I like words and because even though she doesn't know this, she has been asking me questions like that all her life ... she also likes words. The book Eat, Pray, Love expressed the idea that the word that one chooses may represent where they are in life, or even this ... what is the one word for my town? And I may say transitional, because it is a college town and the main feel for me is that people come through here on the way to somewhere else. And because transitional is the way I experience my place I may find myself in a constant state of transition. Does that make sense? Not do you agree ... am I saying what the author said in a way that makes sense? Ft. Worth was the home I chose ... Ft Worth, emerald like a forest primeval ... yeah, to me it was never Cowtown ... to me it was precious, nurturing, jeweled and green ... . My first impression was formed right there on University exit at the gardens.
She asked me for my word two days ago. She had a word to share too (pulchritude=Great physical beauty and appeal , she likes it because she says it is ironic that such an unappealing word carries beauty).

This morning, after everyone left for school and the house got quiet, I was looking out my kitchen window (where a bubbling rock should be) and I thought of what is probably my word. Determine. Determine like figure out and determine like execute. I better see what Mr. Webster has to say about determine.

establish after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study; "find the product of two numbers"; "The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize"
•shape or influence; give direction to; "experience often determines ability"; "mold public opinion"
fix conclusively or authoritatively; "set the rules"
•specify: decide upon or fix definitely; "fix the variables"; "specify the parameters"
•decide: reach, make, or come to a decision about something; "We finally decided after lengthy deliberations"
fix in scope; fix the boundaries of; "the tree determines the border of the property"
settle: settle conclusively; come to terms; "We finally settled the argument"
find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "I want to see whether she speaks French"; "See whether it works"; "find out if he speaks Russian"; "Check whether the train leaves on time

•determined - devoting full strength and concentrated attention to.

Here we go ... I obviously love that copy and paste feature.

and something serendipitous ... •Determine (1951-1972), was a multiple stakes winning American Thoroughbred race horse.

I think that's what makes this sitting around so difficult for me ... and by sitting around I mean not flight instructing. I had determined that flight instructing would be what I would do ... with the time left over for me ... the time left after all my promises to other's was/were honored. That was a promise I made to myself. And it is only right to say, A lot of people helped me honor the journey towards the honoring of that promise ... I brought what I could bring ... determination ... but that would never have been all it took. It took some help from friends and from people who became friends.

I also love the word cherish ... let's find a color for cherish ... cherish ... coral is good but not quite just right ... hmmm ... cherish ...oops ... it disappears there ... cherish ... maybe cherish is a black and white kind of word.

Friends... they cherish one another's hopes. They are kind to one another's dreams.

I value cherish. Maybe I need to be thinking about that more and determine(d) just a little less. I had (have) a dream ... I have many friends who also have and do cherish my hopes and are kind to my dreams ... .

I have known that. It's not a new idea. And cherishing the people I cherish is probably what I do best.

I have decided to work in my yard ... serious yard stuff, like a small round deck with landscaping and a bubbling rock/dry river bed kind of thing ... that will help with just about everything. My husband is working on his top three ... that is uber important to him (and to me if I had more sense). Last time I was on break from flying I totally re-did the front yard and it still looks good ... I have plenty of work to do just loving up the back yard even without a building project, but I would like creating something special out there ... .

No comments: