The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

collection of images for greenhouse/folly from old windows


This is my favorite idea image over all ... I'm thinking breezy and open.  This is appealing in that I believe I could build this with very little help ... and minimal expense.  I think it could begin with a pine straw floor and upgrade later to pavers or stained concrete.  I have 15, 16 maybe, windows to work with.  I know I will build the roof covering with this corrugated type material ... probably metal/tin rather then the opaque, because I like to listen to the rain ... a rain roof.   I image it to be about the size of a one car garage ... boathouse sized.



Here's one partially covered in vine ... it is a little bit more structured then what I think I want ... but appealing.

I like the stools here ... the slab style table and the vine.  I see the vine as an important element in the design I'm meandering towards.    I would like some of the panels to be "open" ... sized like the windows, but just the frame trellised for the vines.  I'm thinking about using copper pipe in some of the openings because I like copper and really can't use it anywhere inside the house except on my cooking pots.  I like the pendant lightning idea too.

twin bed swing ... I have a very pretty wooden day bed frame that would lend itself to this ... in storage in the attic, it wants to be used I think.
looking around for inspiration photos netted a brand new idea ... I'm thinking about it.  Kinda love it, but not sure I want visitors to know how eccentric (?) I'm getting ... perfect at the beach, maybe not so much here in smallville ... .




This is a "real" bathroom, but I saw a horse trough used as an outdoor tub several years ago ... I think it's pretty neat if there aren't any horses around.  I'd consider having the interior sprayed with a neat color of enamel paint ... love this one on the back porch.  I have never thought about a bath tub out in the woods ... I'm thinking about it now though.

No comments: