The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, December 31, 2012

101/1000

101 ... how long have I been counting these 1000 thankfuls up?  Should/could note them more frequently!  I am thankful for small surprises ... and the obvious blessings too.  2012 ... I am thankful for the opportunity to learn some important life stuff this year past, and especially glad for the time of my life that I am in, because of  perspective  rather then ease.  I feel ... happy.

These clover pictures remind me the serendipity of small surprises which may render a change of perspective ... tiny deviations off vector leading one from a darkened alleyway  to suddenly (maybe even miraculously) a light-filled expanse.  This passing year helped me ... rest ... in that expanse. A tiny tweak.


per·spec·tive  

/pərˈspektiv/
Noun
  1. The art of drawing solid objects on a two-dimensional surface so as to give the right impression of their height, width, depth, and...
  2. A picture drawn in such a way, esp. one appearing to enlarge or extend the actual space, or to give the effect of distance.
Synonyms
prospect - vista - outlook - view
perspective in general may be described as a view or outlook ... a way of seeing things or a place to see them from.

Dormant


I like this picture ... found ... of course it is about ... wishes.  A wish bouquet abounding in possibility.  I sat on a bench at Forest Park in Ft. Worth watching my only child play and he ran to me with a bright yellow dandelion, boy was he pleased to find a little treat for his mom.  A man near by witnessed the exchange and after my little boy moved on to his next thing the man said "You need to teach your kid the difference between flowers and weeds."  It made me laugh right out loud back then and I still think it is funny.  It really is a perspective thing. I think this is one of my favorite seen things, I enjoy thinking about it ... an oil painting by the (21st century American) artist Jeffrey T. Larson, here .


No comments: