The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Christmas Day and day after

I kissed my little brother on the forehead for the last time on this day a couple of years ago.  it was late in the day, about this time.  He was a good buddy.  I loved him and I liked him and I miss him.

Most of the time now I can just be, feel, thankful about sharing so much of a lifetime with him.
Today we, my family, were talking about ... something like people getting you to do things that you really don't honestly want to do (or at least are hesitate to do for any number of perfectly good reasons) and I said my brothers and I could coax (goad) one another into probably all sorts of adventuring, however misguided, by simply prefacing the idea with "I dare you to... ."  Occasionally the double dog dare was called for, but we usually were all in before we knew what we were getting in to.
I don't think I'm like that at all now.  I think I think.  Pretty sure he was my last dare buddy.
He and our older brother were great guys to start life with - they helped me make a lot of the choices that eventually shaped who I have become.  Brothers.  I know I was especially blessed!

We, again my family, were playing a new silly game, DRUNK, STONED or STUPID (is that small enough print?  It's kinda an embarrassing game title isn't it?), and everyone agreed that I had to take the card "Alphabetizes spice rack in spare time"- so - what's not right about that?  My little brother was the sort of guy who would playfully move the cayenne down towards the garlic ... he helped me see that it can also make sense for cumin, onion flakes and garlic salt to be side by side on the spice rack - both literally and figuratively.


That is a new pup - he is giving my oldest son lessons in parenting - classes in session intermittently throughout the night hours.  They are both here for the holiday along with all the sisters - Denver son couldn't get away.  C is wrangling the pooch while big brother cat naps in the car.  We are headed to our Christmas day walk around the lake.



Today four of us are going to drive three hours to bring our Great Pyrenees puppy home.  Two "found" him via an internet search.  

Day after Christmas.
It's really neat to have so many of our family in. 70 degrees out here on the river.


No comments: