The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 2, 2018



This is the exact stencil I want. Our house has a weird little room which is entered from the bedroom and serves as an "entry hall" to either the bathroom on the left or the closet on the right.  There is a built in dressing table straight ahead, with two dangling Barbie's Dreamhouse chandelier-ettes and a huge framed mirror.  I call it the landing pad. Initially we were planning to incorporate that space into a master bath remodel, but now that we have almost decided to sell this home in a couple of years, we know we wouldn't get our money's worth out of remodeling a perfectly okay bathroom.  So that space is kinda the perfect place for me to try out "accent paint".  In our last home I really enjoyed the tone on tone (matte and high gloss) 24" wide stripes in out foyer and down a hall.  Like, I loved the effect. It was very subtle and felt very clean.  My walls here are too janky (the finish) to accept a truly straight line. I've been looking at stencils for a couple of weeks now and I just can't find one I like better.  This stencil costs 66.95 plus probably both shipping and handling. That's a lot. I've seen a couple that would probably be alright  for twenty some odd less, but they are just alright. I'm going to continue searching for now. Why isn't there a site for purchasing "used" stencils? I mean, once you finish your project it's unlikely to be used again.  I might use that high gloss and matte monotone again, but for the landing pad I'm leaning towards just a little lighter grey on white than is pictured (with the perfect stencil).



It's rained a good bit here. So much, in fact, that I have realized a water fall measuring device would be fun in the yard. I can't really believe I don't already have one. 

I wonder if most people cut the ends of along with the tops when they're working with vegetables.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I took a "knife skills" class at a local kitchenware retail store once, and the instructor did recommend chopping both the tops and the bottoms off of vegetables during meal prep. I don't watch enough cooking TV to remember the terminology, but I think when you chop the bottom off it's called "tailing."