The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Happy New Year!




2019 Wow. There have been a few events, celestial events like the passing of Haley's comet which when I learned of the expectation of them I wondered how old will I be when that is supposed to happen? 2019 is the year I turn 60 and 60 seems like a perfectly wonderful age to be. 
  
I've been looking forward to 60 without even realizing it. 

Last week my middle daughter, C, and I toured the caverns near San Antonio. It was all pretty cool - my kid had three or four geology classes (idk exactly why, but she is basically a geologist next to my knowledge of anything earth - ask me a weather question though) and made the tour fascinating to the point that I'll read up a bit on that on my own. She wants to revisit Carlsbad Caverns during our summer drive around. We'll drive a route that reaches as far NW as Zion National Park. We are working on "finding"things to see all along the way and back via Denver.  That will be in June and helping with the planning is one of the gifts I will give myself this year. This year wants to be a year full of joy ... I can feel it in my bones.

Noteworthy: The Natural Bridge Caverns, Hidden Passages tour, culminates in a total black out, Everyone was seated and expected to experience totally darkness. 

It was interesting. I appreciate having the opportunity to "see" that expansive   it's black and it's utterly dark but it doesn't feel vacant. It feels unknowable. My brain could not find the place to start figuring it out.

I'm enjoying think about that.  Light.


1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

I like that New Year's exhortation about the Old You :-)

And I hope 2019 is continuing joyfully. Thank You, Lord!