The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, May 18, 2019



It's been so long since I opened my laptop!
It's an old laptop, but today, as the first time I opened it, I am struck by how nice Apple "feels". 
I am a big fan of all things Apple. 

What is that icon of theirs about - once you take the first bite you just want more

My phone knows practically everything about how my day is spent ... and in what area, yard or bathroom, Apple knows. Now I have the watch. Of course I adore it, everything about it seems perfect to me. It tracks my BPM which I think is pretty neat even though I have basically never wondered about that before, unless I was specifically working out. The voice text app is perfection enrobed in sleekness ... and it's so easy to clean! I can even take calls on it like Dick Tracey.

It reminds me to stand at ten till every hour (unless it knows I'm asleep or the usual, already standing). It monitors my overall activity level through out the day and my exercise specific activity as well. It tracks not only the time of my sleep, but the quality of my sleep and breaks down a range from restless to deep sleep. I think it's funny that it "thinks" I've gone back to sleep when I'm really in my first thing of the morning spot drinking (my new thing bulletproof) coffee and reading ... BPM in the low 60's tricks it. Sometimes I take the watch off while I sleep, the watch knows more about me than the people right next to me in life, and that bothers me. 

Sometimes I wonder if that biteoutoftheapple icon is going to seem ominous someday.


The flower pictured above was planted in our backyard about this time last summer. I finished the actual landscape planting (of the back yard) this morning, early, ahead of the rain.  It's raining again now and has been off and on all day. Now it has stopped again, to Max's relief, he is bothered by the rain and most especially by lightning and thunder. He can't figure it out. I don't know if rain actually penetrates his fur, but he obviously is perplexed by it.


We're sitting right here now. You can see the top of his rump over there by Tommy's glider (I'm glad I have that). Early this morning I had those curtains pulled back and I got to see a hummingbird hover in front of each individual flower as it feed on the nectar. I put up the curtains because I thought they'd be pretty with the rock and because I still remember battling the mosquitoes last Spring all the way through Summer. Turns out my favorite thing about the curtains is watching them rustle in the breeze.







1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

I am using my phone more and more. I still write in my bullet journal but I don't use it in the bullet-y way, because when I think of a task I need to write down I most often am not near the journal. But I keep my phone near most of the time, and I use the "Do it!" app to help me.

Why do you stand every hour? Is it to straighten up, for posture's sake?