The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, December 30, 2009




I am pretty excited bc I have a new book - "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin I am starting it tonight. I am also excited about shopping for some new Vans. The two pair in my closet are really just shot...some body (who loves me) asked me to tell them the story of my shoes the other day. I said, "There's no story." I mean seriously, my shoes don't have stories...I wear them, take them off - wipe the dust/mud off as necessary - then back in the closet or their little shoe cubbie - lights out...no story there. She said, "No, shoes like that have a story (like I'm holding back something)". "Nope, nada, nothing," I say dismissively flicking the fingers on both hands open. Then I look at her and I see she is serious ... and I can tell she thinks I maybe should be too. I smile and still myself to indicate that I am interested in the conversation - bc I can see that this is a real conversation. She says - "DeAnn, you need to quit wearing those shoes around if they don't have a story." And I think to myself ... I like them but I can tell she is a bit incredulous. "I like them", I say, "Is that enough of a story?" "No, those are yard shoes...or washing the dog shoes...but never never never getting in your car and leaving home in them shoes." She said this solemnly. I said, these are my good Vans...my other Vans are my stay at home Vans." She could't believe that I owned a less reputable pair. So - All this to say, for my birthday I am going to buy a brand new pair of Vans. I am going to go on their site and design a pair of my own choosing - you used to be able to do that at no extra charge and IF you still can then I will - let me see about that now - brb - www.vans.com/ all that for $60.00 +Shipping

Photos of my old vans, my oldold vans (really are DC label and I wishwishwish for another pair exactly like them except new),and my oldest neverwornkeepforsentimentalreasons red tennies just peeking in. The photos of the new vans are possibilities from their custom design page.

1 comment:

DeAnn said...

I threw all but the really old ... Vintage ... ones away. It was tough. The newest ones are solid black with white sole ... Already working frays and a couple of bleach spots. I really should order a new new pair.