The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, March 15, 2010

Note from what I'm reading right now

Falling Apart in One Piece ~ Stacy Morrison

"Anger hides everything you need to feel to get past the anger."

That resonates. It seems like anger is pretty rampant. Is it the economy...all the uncertainties? I had a friend who died a few years ago. She wasn't the happiest or the most content person I have known, but she was definitely the least angry person I've known... even before the cancer made it's presence known. I loved spending time with her partly because she was so awesome at maintaining her "not angry/not even upset loveliness. Things that would rub me wrong, she laughed at. Situations that narrowed my eyes and flared my ears back, she immediately saw the humor in. When I might lean towards impatience, she unfailing steered towards compassion ... Let's give them the benefit of a doubt (is that the expression?) she'd say just as I was getting my grouchy on! Anger. It has it's place. But it seems clear to me that it's overrated. I've seen it as an indulgence. I've seen it as disabling. I've seen it used to energize, like caffeine. I've seen it blind people who have wrapped themselves up in it. I saw the movie "Invictus" this summer. Nelson Mandela is an example of what " not angry" can accomplish. Anger hides... masks. None of my best moments had anger in them. Most of my worst moments did.

No comments: