The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, May 7, 2010

Here we are rocketing down the road. This 12+ hour drive began at one today. Now it's tenthirty. I'm sitting in the back seat while my son drives and chats softly with his dad. I like hearing them laugh together. My son drives way too fast like I do. I am assessing the risks... The safety subroutine is running. His reflexes are better than mine but his experience is limited... Dads watching, but he would agree with me that he is not as vigilant a driver as I. How do the tires on the vehicles around me look... Is that car holding steady on his lane ... Cars are stopped ahead and seriously there is a horrible stomach turning wreck site. We've moved past Did I do everything as I should have he just asked and his dad said yes. I can see his shoulders are tense now. He's never seen a mess like that. He has settled into a speed 15 mph slower than he was running ... He's decided that he is law abiding I guess Now we've passed perpindicular to some flashing approach lights. I'm the only one in the car who noticed...the only one who would be interested MALSR? So many pieces to remember. I was going to write about something specific when I began tonight. I was just settling in when everything ahead became red.

No comments: