The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 27, 2014



Saw this on PINTEREST a few days ago - I like it.  It reminds me of some of my old water colors and makes me want to paint for just fun again. I need to paint.

This and this also from Pinterest ...  the Ginko leaves were apparently "pinned" from a flickr photo stream, the blue I'll have to find the source on it  ...
FRED

jeanne opgenhaffen

I think it's time for me to get back in to the clay stuff ... I like working in that medium more then I expected to ... something very soothing about working with clay.  I want to create something similar to the two images ... those are real Ginkgo leaves, I have done a clay pot with Ginkgo as a trial for something bigger.  I think I'll make a bunch of leaves and attach them to a wood backing and create the best little dust, spider web collector ever ... .

I'm just sitting here waiting to hear how it went for my brother at the doctor's office today.  Yesterday he went in to his primary guy ... found out he has less then half the amount of blood in his 6'7" body that he's supposed to have ... and that his body isn't making new blood.  I think blood is manufactured in the bone marrow ... determined not to get on-line and search for all the bad possibilities which may be indicated by that ... too bad there isn't a site to type in the knowns and get the best possible case scenario.  

Well ... it's a lot harder to hold the reins on the emotions when it's my kid brother.  I do great when it's one of my own kids I guess because my calmness wraps around them like a hug.  He called this morning and said not to fret and I was pretty good til just a while ago when I realized silent prayers were running down my cheeks.  Probably some music in the silence is just what's called for.  Ouch.

update at 6 something ... not cancer as was most feared.  Blood transfusion tomorrow then top to bottom peek to find the problem (and fix it).  Most thankful.  I really hope we have a bunch of more "I dare you to ... " whatever ... bunches more to laugh at together.  He really has been the best friend one could do childhood all the way through life with.  Most thankful.

2 comments:

John Venlet said...

DeAnn, I'll be thinking of your brother, and you, and lifting up prayers.

A verse which means much to our family, from a time in the 1970s when our Dad was wavering between life and death.

They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

God Bless.

DeAnn said...

Thank you John, deeply appreciated.