The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, November 1, 2014



What happens to little creatures, like lizards, when it freezes!  It's supposed to freeze here tonight.  (This photo was snapped last weekend.  The second one is the original, what the camera saw - I filtered it towards yellow which "looks" closer to true to me.)  I like that this little guy believes he blends in with his surroundings.  I can relate to a life which adapts to be less conspicuous.  It's funny that he thinks it works.

So ... I have been busy in my front yard today.  The wind is really blowing and that made it easy to give up on raking.  I turned the front beds over and put fresh mulch out.  Time for pansies to be planted, but I didn't feel like going to get them after all that work!  I have too much space to tend to.

Next ... I am reading when the bottom drops out, a book by Robert Bugh, it has a sub title: finding grace in the depths of disappointment.  Someone thought I should read it.  Smile/sigh.  And this on the back cover ... the power of the gospel played out in one ordinary life. That's the first I've looked at the back cover.  His Bio says he's a grad of SMU and Dallas Theological Seminary and has served the last ten years at Wheaton Bible Church in West Chicago.  I'm glad I saw that ... he's a Texan.  It puts the writing in context.  I was thinking that his writing style made him seem like "one of the guys". I was thinking he sounds like a pilot but now I realize he is like the guys I grew up with ... ordinary good guys.  I probably would have read through the book today if L hadn't suggested we walk in to town for breakfast.  Between that and the yard work, my device has clicked out 8+ miles today (yes, sorta like bragging).
HERE

I'll read the rest of it tonight.  I don't really want to ... but when I begin reading it, it's difficult to put down.  I think it's important to fortify oneself for what comes later.  I was thinking about that this morning while we walked.  
My C began gymnastics when she was like one and a half, then she moved on to diving.  Now she is almost 20 and it impresses me to see the high level of athleticism that she brings to everything ... strong body, yes definitely that, but also the ability to focus on life's "field view".  Very cool.  Tommy is the same way ... warrior he knows how to do, and it's from playing ball rather then going to war, but the skill set is similar.

Well ... time for me to cook dinner.  Cod and I think a cucumber salad, and cous cous.

No comments: