The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Old pictures of my people

Back of this photo says '71 and I know we were at the beach (SPI)
my mom's family was enjoying a huge reunion, thus the name tags -
I think it's funny that my older brother selected not to wear the tag...
and ... note the fashion sensibility of my younger brother, très J.Lauren (lol)
he way I'm holding my hand with the bent wrist - still do - all the time,
and I think it looks awkward (and very me).

At Daddy's parent's home for a Christmas get together.
That's Daddy's twin photo bombing -
he did overseas oil exploration  and was home only on occasion.
(and was great at pulling off elaborate pranks,
which was only one reason why I adored him.)
I am wearing a nightgown over my clothes in this pic
Grandmomma made matching nightgowns for all of my girl cousins
and we stayed for a sleep over.
I don't know when this was taken, shortly before the other I'd guess judging by our heights.
Daddy was 6'2 and Momma was 5'6 (always wore heels and big hair).
Tommy has the super flexed wrist here ...
also you may note,
my dad didn't wear a wedding band,
always a watch (face inside which I've never noticed anyone else do) but never a ring.

No comments: