The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 5, 2015


I think this is how I feel ... not sure how this would really feel because I would never intentionally put my body in this position.

A few years ago I was "put under" for a minor surgery.  Anesthesia.  Genius ... one's body goes somewhere, through something, detached from the brain ... no, maybe that's not correct.  Probably the brain is collecting information.  I don't know how it works.  I know that I went to "sleep" and woke up feeling pretty fabulous.  I know that if I had been awake during the procedure I would have not have felt great about how my body had spent it's time. The surgery wasn't horrible, but it's interesting that something truly horrible could happen (to one's body) without the "soul" participating.  People know stuff like that.  It's interesting to experience that in a controlled environment. At least I found it to be so.

Now I find myself in what seems to be a converse (for lack of the proper word, because I don't know what it is) of the above situation.  My body would never want to be "chilling'" in a nylon cocoon dangling from a big rock. Seriously ... is this enjoyable?

I saw this picture and immediately wondered.  This looks as precarious as life.

I'm a little creeped out.  I'm trying really hard to catch up.  I wasn't "there", but ... two fell off the side of the big rock and one notices that  ... that.

No comments: