The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Choices are sacrifices

Notes from 2011 (I still like ice cream and coffee and altitude.)

Choices are sacrifices ... It means giving up something you want for something you want more.

I'm not a big TV watcher ... I like to read, or maybe do a suduko while a program is on. My husband enjoys relaxing with a show ... During the last several months we have "seen" several seasons of Mad Men (ummm ... not really a fan, though I do think it's well written), Flash Forward (Sci-Fi, I liked the concept), Burn Notice (strong character development of weak characters ... Stuff gets blown up often, predictable, but okay), and one I will actually watch ... White Collar (FBI guys team up with a couple of interesting Con men to fight crime). We watch them on NetFlix or purchase them at iTunes. That line above is from one of those shows. I thought it was interesting enough to stop flipping through pictures on Pinterest, or stop Stumbling through articles on topics of interest ... and tap it out on my little yellow pad.

Choices are sacrifices.

That seems right ... This or that with frequently unknown penalties and/or pleasures. Life is a series of almost constant choices.

Giving up something you want for something you want more ...

Well, that's pretty great ... like you're a winner either way.  
I don't think that's very realistic.
 How 'bout "something I don't want for something I want even less".

How do we know to chose. We can't see very far in to the outcomes of choices.

I am hungry for ice cream ... I want it to taste like coffee and altitude. That flavor is unavailable.

No comments: