The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

2 April 2011

Today Five and I will spend the best part of the day on a major University campus as she participates in several Science Olympiad events. This is her second year at "the big show" and she is very happy and excited. ... And she's trying to play it cool. This is probably my 15th visit to this particular event ... I am enjoying watching my daughter's joy. This is a special day for her ... The competitive buzz has empowered her to request her first cup of StarBucks. Yeah, seriously. She is cloistered in her event and I am on a coffee run. Starbucks opens in one minute ... 10:59 local time ... She says she wants plenty of cream and sugar ... Light and sweet, just like her momma.