The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday night thankful for ...

1.My CD collection - I like music
2.Ability to pursue my desire to teach people how to fly.
3.Time to hold a baby - that baby with the smile.
4.That student who left at spring break last year because he was messing himself up - he called out of the blue this week to tell me he had completed his license...I am thankful that he knew I would care about that.
5.For the people that I have let in to my life - and the realization that they have all become a part of who I've become.
6.My new book - My Utmost for His Highest - good
7.How nice my clean safe house smells - I'm thinking about those mother's who smell war.
8.Cold water (to drink) - hot water for my shower!
9."Five" reading over my shoulder offering excellent grammatical review.
10. New plan to fret about stuff only from 10pm to 10:15pm - so If I start feeling "pissy" during the day I can just save it for that block instead of messing up the day.

11. bonus round - I guess I'm feeling extra thankful tonight - Especially thankful for HGs comment on when I don't know what or how to think about something - ask God to think about it ... some stuff is important - too important to just blow off but too big or maybe too painful for me to wrap my head around. It's not that I don't want to think about it and try to make it better - it's that maybe I can't make it better. Sometimes stuff doesn't get better - sometimes you just gotta agree not to poke each other or hope for stuff that might not happen ... well I guess I'm trying to say some of this stuff is just so tangled up that only God can make it right...and me thinking about it doesn't help. So that's the big idea this week - I do what I can do and leave the big thinking to God.

No comments: