The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

perspective


Where/how you sit in the airplane needs to be consistent - so that your picture is consistent - so that the results you get can start to be consistent. Pretty simple, yet widely overlooked.

I flew a lot of hours before someone (thatCFI) pointed that out. He helped me figure out how to fit the plane. Minor adjustments. Major results. Now I have put that idea in to my ground school lecture - it's part of the airport environment...can't talk about how the runway looks without addressing how you look at it from your seat in the cockpit. I have had student's tell me that they didn't realize the seat had an up/down adjustment. No one has told them that the back can be tilted forward ... I can see how one might assume they know that but some of 'em don't! I've started getting feedback on that idea that I was able to pass along. It's helping people.

You may need the right kind of glasses to improve how you receive information - I did. My contacts were just not providing optimal correction for the flight environment. Now I wear glasses and it has made a difference. (yeah - same instructor pointed that out)

Wouldn't it be great if I could get my spiritual perspective to be consistent? Wouldn't it be amazing if I could keep an accurate picture...see things quickly as God wants me to see them. Wouldn't that also yield major results?

(1312Z 13007 5 300OVC 17/16 29.97 RMK:LTNG data missing -yeah all runways open today.)


In instrument training we learn to "trust the instruments" ... "go on the instruments". When you can't get accurate information or the necessary information because you're not in visual conditions it's all about believing and responding appropriately to the information available inside the plane. That is a whole different topic that I'm not going to today ... . The point is sometimes in the flight environment we can receive accurate info from what is going on around us - outside the plane, other times we have to gather accurate information from within, usually the information that I need to fly well is a combination of the two sources - I check outside against inside. I am working on moving my eyes faster - better - back and forth - in and out. My scan had gotten "rusty". It was good when I was using it - then I stopped using it - the scan - and it "deteriorated". Same thing happens in our lives I think. Sometimes we just don't see right - can't see, won't see, can't look,etc. - or we interpret our information incorrectly. We believe truths that are half truths or flat out lies and it hurts us.

I'm not gonna fly today. I have laundry going(I am so thankful for my good washing machine and dryer!)...ironing board is up and ready...dishes going...mopped yesterday but the bathrooms need some love...it's raining now...need to make my bed and tidy the den...later I will treat myself to a review on high altitude ops and I want to find those verses in the Bible about - I'm gonna do that now so I can save that here -

this wasn't what I was looking for - but it's good to find:
2Peter 1:5-9
faith+goodness,goodness+knowledge, k+self-control, s-c+perseverance, p+ godliness, g+brotherly kindness, bk+love. If you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in you knowledge...but if you do not have them you are nearsighted and blind - forgetting that you have been "redeemed".

well - I can't find it and I need to get going on my work now.

This weather is a mess!!

No comments: