The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pics from departure to before game

departed from Athletic Complex Saturday morning





excellent ride … flawless landing






surprised by wonderful mountains everywhere






view from our room … ocean a ways out there

we walked around "Fashion Island"  … retail done right!
I loved all the outdoors spaces.



Boots … fabulous!  These ranged in price from $700.00 to $1,400.00 … no wonder all the gold is in California!

Early morning BR … from our balcony on 14th floor
humidity stayed high throughout our time there (I gave up on cute hair!)

At Saddleback Church on Sunday morning
Kick off to "Daniel Plan"  it seemed right rather then commercial
Rick Warren's
 idea seemed to be -
physical health supports whatever it is you are supposed to be doing
with your time on the planet.








Delicious lunch (swordfish for me, salmon for L)



Coastal Highway
L in Bookstore while I browse through Tommy Bahama




This fountain was my favorite thing in Newport Beach area … it was perfect!
On bus (again) to party at museum
they had (with other cool things)
Turrell's Roden Crater in a box,
I told the docent that I am very enthusiastic about the project and think I'd really like the artist because he seems so very normal, passionate, yet … regular.  He said Mr. Turrell was in their museum recently and was recognized by only one person … he is just that low key.  I really hope I get to visit the site someday.

L in hot tub … really nice way to end the day.


came back by museum during the day for a shot of this ...

driving around early before turning the car back in ...

Balboa Island area



main entry to Island Hotel

hospitality suite … they made it special

I drank excessive amounts of coffee ...






2 comments:

V said...

Cute sweatshirt! ;)

DeAnn said...

lol … and comfy! Thanks for letting me borrow it! <3 M