The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

106/1000


 I'm pretty sure that picture doesn't look like much to most people ... but I loved seeing it today.  Today I went on a little ride around with my brother.  His truck ... rocks.  I drove it day before yesterday and it has an authoritative engine ... he said go ahead and punch it (he knows me well enough to know I was itching to) ... didn't take another word, just a quick click around for traffic (particularly the type trimmed in flashing lights), gas pedal full forward, body slicing through soft leather as smoothly as a hot knife glides through butter.  That truck is a rocket. Today he drove.  Yesterday we found out that he has stage four stomach cancer ... but today wasn't yesterday.  Thankful 106 ... we never have to do yesterday again.  Yesterday is in the rearview mirror.  I am so very grateful that there are options ... grateful that there is a view ahead ... and that he feels well enough to get out under the Texas sky and fly that truck down the road ... lol ... and this; Creedence Clearwater Revival, sound track du jour.
And this ... Today ... the day the Lord has made ... it is my privilege to rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments: