The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, May 23, 2014

eyelashes!

Standing at the kitchen counter in my mom's apartment, pinching out my contact lenses for the night ... Momma is across the room, sitting on her sofa, "Thank you Jesus! Praise the Lord!" she exclaimed, "This is the happiest day of my life! YOU are finally wearing false eyelashes!!!"
Too funny.
Yes, I think she was overjoyed.  I was tickled ... and happy to delight her.  Such a simple thing.

Clearing out her things I came across so many unopened "eyelashes".  Decided to try to apply a pair and I have to say ... it's really difficult to get them on right!  Like, it took me a couple of hours!  Then they popped off during the shower ... crazy!  I have new found respect for eyelash wearers ... they are seriously glamour warriors!  Can't believe how much time it takes to get them on!

I never knew it took so much commitment ... beauty, who knew?!


No comments: