The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, May 16, 2014

Again my home is quiet and this day becomes my own.






"What is to give light must endure burning."


"When we are no longer able to change a situation 
we are challenged to change ourselves."


"If there is meaning in life at all, then there must be meaning in suffering."




Again my home is quiet and this day becomes my own.
  
That painting I did a few years back, it hangs in the dining room and I like seeing it and especially today.  Today it just so happened that the painting and the chandelier crystal (which I have positioned in the adjacent window) interacted to light up a rainbow in the clouded sky.  
Really perfect.  
I am delighted!
Gosh, I love it!

The canvas provides a big enough target ... it's the light which must be just so. 
Just so that the Sun can gently woo that carefully faceted ball ... 
the ball which smiles a refracted spectrum ... right there, exactly where!  


This is the day which the Lord has made ... 

I (can) will (myself to) rejoice and be glad in it.

And ... I do and I am, and it sure gets easier when my little light ball tosses a rainbow (to the "right" spot!), when the feeder is full and the birds sing their great appreciation for a small thing. 

Frankl is right, I think, when he asserts that we choose ... and we are ultimately responsible for, and "tweaked" by, our choices.

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." ~ V.F.

[Viktor Frankl -> Man's Search for Meaning]


big picture of that (without the cool splash of colored light)




2 comments:

GretchenJoanna said...

I love that painting with its play of light, especially fitting with the quote about burning. Thank you!

DeAnn said...

Thank you for stopping by.!