The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, January 31, 2015

note found in my boot when I pulled it off after my class
... sweet to find notes from my kids

new straps in and the new burlap is already layered over this
new comes the old horse hair and the new cotton
then the beautiful new fabric can start going on.


Woke up today knowing that I could ... sleep in, or get up and go for a long walk, or make delicious coffee and start working on my chairs .... or ... . That is luxury. I feel happy about today.  That also is a luxury.

I am back to teaching ground school for the local aviation program.  That's two sessions a week.  I enjoy it (mostly).  My little part time sales job is beginning to pick up and I am grateful for that, for both the job and the glimmer of hope that I won't be a complete failure at something I'd like to do well with.  Shoes were on sale this week and I found a super cute pair of black boots ... and my hair cut lady put me back in bangs this week.  That's the big news here.

Today I'll paint the front door trim an off white color that will look a bunch better with the turquoise door ... probably change the wreath or whatever to something different.  Then ... that chair I'm currently on.  (!)
seat not stapled yet
back ready to go on
good place to stop for the day

No comments: