The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, July 25, 2015

a couple of Artists I enjoyed seeing on the trip

Deborah Butterfield
Denver Botanic Gardens was one of my favorite stops on our recent road trip.  I always enjoy visiting public gardens and Denver offers one of the most diverse.  It's the sort of place I could visit again and again.  Boy was it a wonderful surprise to luck upon an exhibit of Deborah Butterfield work which is on display there.  I took this picture. Not the best, but it will have to serve as a reminder of a wonder-filled time. I'd estimate that this bonze is about seven foot high - maybe taller.  There was a film showing which explained her process.  It was interesting and I enjoyed becoming familiar with both her and her work.  Now I have looked at several example of her sculpture.  It's neat to see how her expressions evolve.  My husband may have taken "better" pictures - if so, I'll add them.

These, we did not see in Denver.  I scooped them up online as I became better acquainted with Ms. Butterfield's work:
Blue Lily (2014) ~ Deborah Butterfield

Red Head (2005) ~ Deborah Butterfield

~*~


A place in my heart ~ Brigitte Brüggemann
Deva ~Brigitte Brüggemann
Timeless #1 ~ Brigitte Brüggemann

V and I particularly enjoyed visiting the brigitte brüggemann studio in Santa Fe, seeing several of her works and chatting (too) briefly with Ms. Brüggeman.  I am certain that my daughter will remember our time there fondly.  Too bad these images (found online) do not adequately convey the dynamic energy and serene quality we experienced as we had time with the pieces currently housed in her studio.  I found the pieces to be soothing, a bit whimsical ... and just very good to be with.


No comments: