The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, April 9, 2016

handguns




The gun shop owner brought eight handguns, all semiautomatic, out to the shooting range so that we could try them out and select the gun we liked best.  I had two favorites.  We bought the Heckler Koch VP9  .  My other favorite was the SIG P229, it's on the wish list.


Today I did the concealed handgun license course.  


It is so much fun to shoot. 

This video was the midrange distance for qualifying.  We were instructed to shoot 5 shots within a certain few seconds.  I, notorious to those who know and love me as a "counter", shot 11 times.  It was embarrassing ... I knew I was over shooting, but I didn't stop.  Later, the guy to my right, recently retired career army guy said, "Well, at least we know you're not queasy about using deadly force." 

No comments: