The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, July 1, 2016

Denver pics

Denver, Northern side looking South
This snapped near Three's house.

While Three was at work we decided to
get out early and explore downtown.
Noticed that the "street people" all seem to know each other,
 and are very friendly with one another.
They seem to cooperate well on begging spots too,
their endeavors seemed to be tightly coordinated.

This pic snapped while I texted with my nephew's fiancé.
In answer to her "Having fun?"
I said I had been walking only about an hour
and was already past cranky because of an inappropriate shoe choice.
I can walk all day in those shoes quite comfortably,
 but not in DT Denver
where there is a lot of climbing and descending terrain to negotiate.
Plus - it was humid and my hair felt all sweaty.
I had developed blisters and raw spots on both feet and ankles by then.
The high point of the walk (for me) was popping in to the Aveda school
for a 12 buck shampoo and blow dry while my husband strolled on to a map store.
When I next saw him, my hair was fabulous (again - lol)
AND he had my pair of comfy Keens dangling in his grasp.
Most kind! Big smile!


We drove to Washington Park  
and walked another several miles around it.
(bandaids)
I can see why it's not only a Denver must do, 
but is rated one of the best Parks in the country.


This isn't a great little vid, but it is a reminder that water is flowing "everywhere" around that area.
Colorado is beautiful.  It's a great place for being outside.  I enjoyed Boulder very much - next time we go up to spend time with our son we think we'll stay in Boulder.  I wish Sammy could go too.

No comments: