The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, September 30, 2016



One of the very nice things about being "back home" is that I am close enough to celebrate sweet times with my oldest friends.  Being basically the only surviving member from the family of my origin (yes I have cousins, we're friendly, unfortunately - not close) has helped me realize how precious the people who share your earlier memories are.  It's a good gift - friendships!

Dolly is launching a new venture, Tailored Living of Greater San Antonio.  She invited me down to share the joy at the Home Show this weekend.  Yesterday I helped her put the finishing touches on her booth.  Well, actually, I helped by distracting some workers from what they were 'posed to be doing to help me widen a link on a bicycle chain so the padlock would fit through securing a Schwinn to the displayed hanging (genius) apparatus, while she applied the finishing touches.  Some of the guys were there to roll carpet down between the aisles and eventually her Prius had to be moved to make way for that.  I've never driven a Prius.  I volunteered, just trying to be helpful.  Every person on the aisle became involved as I navigated the 6" clearance on either side.  I may not be a Prius driver ... . The car does appeal to my geeky sensibilities though!  There's a systems matrix on the dash. The backup camera and rear visibility does leave something to be desired (that's my story).


bells and whistles 

More on this weekend later -

No comments: