The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Heart and Sole




this came in early today
that's my kid - 
he is a man really, but I can see the baby he was, the toddler he was, the teenager he became
 ... you get it - 
 and I can see my brothers and my dad when I see him
 - every time - 
he looks like the people I grew up with
including him - 
I was late 20's when he was born
and I say even though I thought I would "raise" my children -
they actually raised me.

~love~

this picture is a huge blessing
it captures the past
the present
and a possible future

it looks like the life I've known best,
I've been fortunate.

Sole
lime lemon
juice from both minus the slices
2 cloves garlic shaved
yellow and orange bell pepper sliced
red onion
capers
olive oil to coat baking dish
butter (4 TBSP)
dill
salt

bake 350 for about 15 minutes

baked for dinner tonight

1 comment:

GretchenJoanna said...

Are his feet made of stone? That looks like a big stick to break against a bare foot!