The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, October 17, 2016

stuff I see around here -

Yesterday I saw a sign in the window of a nail salon (if it is okay to call the business a nail salon...).  It read:
NO PETS ALLOWED.

In my tiny part of the world I've been noticing "pets" with monogramed vests on - which announce them as "service animals".



I do like having Sammy nearby.
Not everyone shares in my enthusiasm for a dog with the size and blocking skills of an NFL running back.  The very fact that I could insist on his presence with me at all times in all places (including the bathroom of our choice presumably) is ... ludicrous.  "I want so suck it up" seems to be the new norm in society.



Contending that his statement that "there's nothing going on between us" had been truthful because he had no ongoing relationship with Lewinsky at the time he was questioned, Clinton said, "It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. ... If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement".

As I've been thinking about this type of personal entitlement/PC "stuff" I've been trying to think of where I think the road forked.  It seems to me that it might have been around the time that our President aptly demonstrated that commonly held "meanings" can easily become meaningless in the pursuit of personal gratification.

Ms. Obama is shaken to the core by Trump's lewd words/behaviors, but has no problem (?) with raw mouthed/minded rappers representing up in the White House.



I am resisting the temptation to goole some of their lyrics - some things better left unheard.




I'm (pretty) sure that is just a joke, 

Actually we are still trying to work out acceptable wording ... I believe "winter holiday" is currently on the table with some finding offense in the holy inference. 

Our collective pursuit of PC has filled every store (indeed most minds) with gaudy baubles!  


I despair for our Country's future.  


photo snapped somewhere in Texas and shared on social media 









No comments: