The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, October 16, 2016

I've been busy these past several days getting yummy food ready for the trip my husband and eldest son have been planning.   I didn't send these peanut butter cookies with them (I sent oatmeal/walnut/white chocolate) but I want to note something that these recalled.  Some of them, an entire sheet, were just a bit burnt.  I remembered fretting about a sheet full of burnt cookies that I cooked while still a very young woman.  My dad came in to the kitchen, picked up a too brown peanut butter cookie and said, "My favorite!  Exactly how my momma made them!"  He sounded really happy about those toasty cookies and I never could read a fib in his sparkling blue eyes!  Maybe he really liked 'em.  His attitude definitely helped me feel better about my efforts!


One has those same laughing eyes ... sometimes serious ... always impossible to read.  


There goes my car and my big kayak ... and my Christmas present tent ... just kidding!  I know they'll have a great time.  I couldn't be happier about the trip for them.

Chicken kabobs (Precooked the chicken) and kielbasa "dogs" via PINTEREST  (I hope they really do cook in their foil sacks!).





Those are quarry ponds - very pretty from the air.

L snapped this shot yesterday - we did the Austin AIA home tour and saw some very cool homes.  I'm looking forward to a quiet week of walking my dog and making it to yoga classes! 

and they made it ... one of my very favorite places


No comments: