The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, September 17, 2018

Magnolia Silos

@ MAGNOLIA in Waco

I'm remembering my first visit to their original location.  
You could feel the personal touch and ease in that little shop the same way you smell the delicious White Tea fragrance everywhere in the Westin Hotels.  
The newer place is just hectic.  
Maybe, it might be a good place to be, for the person who has the keys to the building.  The person who walks ... strolls casually around the place ... for me it has become more frenzied with every visit.  I go only to accommodate friends visiting from out of state who want to experience all things Magnolia. The guy across the street (from my home) said they stopped doing the show because those houses they  "fix" for folks ending each episode with something like we hope y'all will live here happily ever after ... people don't keep them.  A number of them are available for booking on VRBO. Everybody making hay while the sun shines. I don't enjoy the frenzy, but I am happy for their successes.  
And I'm happy to drive friends and family North on 35 for a visit. The cousins wanted to dine at Magnolia Table.  For the four of us there would be a three hour wait.  Three hours. Three whole hours!  I was so glad when they thought "nope". The hostess there did let us know that we could leave a cell number and get a text several minutes before the table came available thus extending the wait tether for sight seeing around WACO ... still so glad when they demurred.  We went out to my favorite place in the Waco area, www.cafehomestead.com . I had roasted poblano soup  (a treat)  and sweet potato fries.  Yum.

Here's a link to the Homestead Craft Village. In my opinion, the Craft Village is lots of fun. The cafe is supported by their gardens and livestock so it is truly locally sourced, but several different crafts are also represented.  I don't have a favorite.  Check out their site for what it looks like there!
And ... if you like Fixer Upper, note that the blacksmith shop sometimes featured s at Heritage Village.




No comments: