The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, January 3, 2020

Christmas quilts


This undertaking was a bigger deal than I realized when I accepted the challenge from an old friend (who made it possible for me to get these completed and wrapped before Christmas morning)!
Christmas morning 2019
Hat's off to Bp for loading my ice box with fancy fabric scraps that she had saved up from her many quilting projects, for teaching me how to do this, for meeting me in Waco to trade quilted (on her long-arm machine) treasures for tops and bottoms needing her expertise and love, and for her many kindnesses when I felt like pulling my hair out!
first square cut late July
(That's the Auburn - AU - square)
then I went on a trip and didn't get back to it for awhile...
 I knew I needed 42  (times 5) squares but beyond that I had no clue yet ...

4's

5's

1's

how I "see" the scrapes


learning how to do corners

hand binding


template for cutting with roller blade

working with pattern and placement of squares



2's finished
(7x8 squares)

1's finished
first time to do repeating squares with the fabric choices


5's completed

3's finished



No comments: