The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Left hand/Right seat

ARRRRR. Sometimes I despair that I will never reach my goal. I want to teach a few or maybe several people how to fly or how to fly better as the case may be. My left hand seems to have a mind of it's own.
Seriously - yesterday I drove to the high school to pick up one of my darlings after track practice...some mom was plugging up the lane I was in by going the wrong way - I mean two lanes - one comes, one goes pretty straight forward. I pulled up not aggressively close to her vehicle thinking be cool you can sit here waiting on your kid - she'll make a correction - she knows how the traffic flow works here...dadada Then some other - another mom - pulled in behind her at just about the same time my runner jumped in the car and buckled up. I was aggravated - annoyed. It seemed the most appropriate thing for me to do was back up - back up with kids walking everywhere - 5 teams let out at the same time and the parking lot is swamped with HS athletes - their moms - and a bunch of 16,17,18 year old drivers hopped up on testosterone - all trying to exit from the exact same (only) exit... at twilight. Backing up was probably the most gracious thing to do but it made me feel like a loser. I pointed my index finger at the mom who was blocking me (as she chatted on the phone which annoys me no end also). My daughter said, "Mom, she just pointed back at you." So what did I do? Well, not me...my left hand who has a mind of its own lately...my left hand rolled down the window and shot a little salute to the offending mom. My baby girl was appalled ... I was actually pleased that my left hand didn't make me put the car in park and just gum up the works for everyone. I did manage to back all the way back through that row with out hitting a child or rear ending anything.
Left hands with the beginnings of age spots really should be better behaved. Moms with truly darling well behaved daughters - like mine - really should be better people. That's what I am working on.
That - and getting awesome in the right seat.

No comments: