The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

our foyer
the girls will like that

I don’t believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. 
It makes them siblings, 
gives them mutuality of parentage. 
Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. 
~Maya Angelou


Tonight I'm thinking about childhood memories and grown-up dreams ... .  

All of my people are out of the house, it's just me and Sammy right now.  The girls, little girls, lol - both taller then I, 4 and 5, have gone out to dinner ... both boys, men now ... are making good strong lives out in other places ... 2 has moved to her "grown up job".  L is out doing consulting/seminaring for the week.   I am glad for a moment alone. Blessed. We are. 
Tomorrow 4 and I will drive back over to Texas.  
My heart is sad, 
I am sad in my heart tonight.

Tommy's stay at home was short lived ... he is back in the hospital.

I need to "get it together".  

Just a bit of cleaning to do tonight ... dishes from baking early today (Nutella bread is the bomb ... linked!  I deleted the slivered almonds and added extra Mexican vanilla.)  So ... I don't know how I'm going to get through this.  I will but ... it's bad.  I have never felt this sad before.  Ok.  Dishes and mop kitchen ... maybe wipe at that ridiculously difficult to keep clean stainless stove and frig. (never again), couple of loads of clothes to fold (as usual) ... packing to do, shower, dry way too much hair ... sleep.  

No comments: