The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 6, 2015

back for more ~*~ one of her favorite places ~*~ someone else will have to paint over it



Those pesky wall outlets and switches -
some I can do, some I can't.
These are the pesky louvered doors in the breakfast room
those are completely done -better.  


 ~~~~*~~~~















Fire tower at Lake Martin,  Winds, 15kts. felt like gale force as I climbed the last few flights of very steep, very narrow, steps.  We looked it up later, the tower is said to be 80'agl.  At first I couldn't enjoy the view, all I could do is think "a fall from here would not be survivable".  Normally I like the wind blowing on my skin.  It took several minutes for me to settle in to the good of this.  Sunset here is one of C's favorite "places".  This pic was taken as we saw the last of the sun - it slipped behind the cloud veil.  The geography of Alabama is beautiful, green, and to a Texan, quite lakey.
She coaxed me up the last three sets saying come on Mom, almost there.  It's that the landings got smaller and smaller as we climbed higher and higher.  It's that a storm was blowing in.  It's that I remembered that I am petrified of heights when I'm outside.  I like the ground ... or an airplane wrapped around my earth suit.  Grateful that my girl shared.  

~~~~*~~~~




And this, a little sketch which has been in the closet for 22 years. Adorable.  Naughty, but adorable.

No comments: