The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, August 21, 2015

Pics from this week ... Lately

Pork Green Chili with Black Beans and Sweet Corn Salsa
Those not watching their calories had Guacamole  and Flour Tortillas with this 

Seasonal Vegetables dressed in local olive oil and Herbes de Provence
I topped with sour dough bread crumbs and Parmesan Cheese

Salmon, Israeli Pearl Cous Cous and vegetable gratin

Mueller's for lunch (yummy)

today at lunch


early morning on the trail 
I have really enjoyed cooking lately ... planning, shopping for and cooking meals.  That is one of my favorite everyday things.
The Green Chili is an American Indian dish which I grew up eating ... one of Momma's recipes.  I've modulated to black beans and just for me, no tortillas, just a tiny pinch of colby.  The red in that is a garden pepper.  I don't know the name, something like a sweet red pepper, but longer like a poblano.  I bought a small basket of them this week at the farmer's market.
The vegetable gratin was inspired by the yellow tomatoes.  I wanted to make a sauce for a meatloaf, but they seemed to be ready to go a day before I took the hamburger meat out to thaw ... still good.  I thought I would puree this as a sauce for the meatloaf, but it was eaten up by my folks!  My young daughter prepared the rest of the meal ... delicious!  It is very nice to me surrounded by people who enjoy cooking!
The next picture is today's lunch outing ... Mueller's in Taylor.  Always a treat!  There's L and me lunching before grocery shopping at Central Market in Austin.  I love to shop there.  Favorite grocery store period.
Final shot ... just sunrise out on the morning walk.  Pretty nice.

1 comment:

gretchenjoanna said...

I love that picture of you and your husband! Your cooking is inspiring me....I am starting to cook again. All those veggies from the farmer's market are what I like, too.