The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, November 16, 2015

200 OVC ... 67*F ... less than a quarter mile visibility Perfect day for a long walk, I could feel "the clouds" on my face.

currently

161550Z 15008KT 3SM BR OVC002 19/18 A2993 

later today, BECMG ... -SHRA and later still, TSRA OVC009CB
around mid morning tomorrow NSW BKN20

May I should get back out there for another walk!

It is a joy to see the floral changes along the trail.  I like the coral leaves especially and some others that look like palm sized pottery bowls.  I would like to "make" some and use tiny twigs for their stems.  Pretty soon we will be settled in enough for me to find a studio.  I am certain that there are places for that around here!

We are about half way through our rental contract here, and thinking is turning more and more towards a longer term situation.  We still like the idea of building.  There are also 10+ acre older homes available that might make sense for us.  The building lots we have considered tend to be around one acre.  Later today we are going up to the courthouse to look at the deed restrictions on a lot we seem to be becoming more and more interested in. That lot "wants" an fairly contemporary looking structure built on it.  It is bordered on two sides by flowing water, on one side by a four story rock wall and the other by a residential street.  A conventional build would be very costly on that lot (which is precisely why it hasn't been built out).  There are a couple of lots, quarter acre lots, in the older downtown area.  We like the idea of walking in to town where lotsa fun seems always to be happening.  If we built there we would select a craftsman style home - modern craftsman.  For me the big downside to living in town is that it seems to be a pocket of relocated Austin Liberals, who I think would be lively dinner companions but maybe tiresome as neighbors.  I'm sure I would get on their nerves with my not so PC dependent leanings.  The big plus side of the downtown area property is it sells fast.  Though not the two empty lots (one became available when its house burned down), it seems like people are less likely to build new homes there, preferring to renovate the older homes.  The other possibility that we go back and forth in our thinking with is that acreage  option.  We like to think of restoring the older home that those places come with.  I do like older construction, homes built in the 50's and 60's ... the down side is they need a lot of work.  I also don't know what we would really do with all that land ... I might be able to take care of a few chickens, but that's about it.



I am excited about meal planning and cooking for Thanksgiving.  This week, maybe today, I'm going to make a first attempt at "knocking off" the iconic Black Forrest Cake which is served at Ft. Worth's Swiss Pastry shop.  It is my favorite dessert.  I should learn how to make it!

Monday is house cleaning extravaganza day for me so maybe no time for baking today (plus I'm wondering if the humidity will adversely affect these dry little cake layers).  Trip to courthouse!  No baking today.  I also want to put together a fresh lesson package on the BFR.
And I have both PTA and Choir rehearsal tonight!  I better get crackin'!

No comments: