The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

111/1000

Blue Moon – May 21
There are normally only three full moons in each season of the year, because this will be the third of four full moons in the season, the May 21 full moon will be a blue moon. This rare event only happens once every few years, hence the term “once in a blue moon.” The Moon will be located on the opposite side of the Earth as the Sun and its face will be will be fully illuminated.

Once in a blue moon.  I think of "it" as a once in a lifetime event.

It's been several years ago (can't remember how many - bunches though) that I saw a BLUEMOON.  I remember the actual day quite clearly because it was St. Patrick's Day.  I had been away or maybe just quieter than usual. My entire family and a few of the kid's friends were enjoying wings night out at Buffalo Wild Wings (three's favorite dinner treat back then).  Usually we played one of the trivia games and frequently our table won - everyone's interests are so varied that our group excelled at those trivia games.  For some reason I was way down on the end of the table and the place just seemed overbearingly loud.  I drifted away in a bubble of my own where the noise dulled, becoming indistinct.  I looked out the window, saw a BLUEMOON, and became enchanted.  

That was special.  Remembering it is going to go on my 1000 thank~fuls list.  

I need to get back on noting those small pleasures. They can be perceived as little pictures of God's love.  Little fragile joy bubbles.

Happy St. Patrick's Day.




No comments: