The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, June 27, 2010




Eighteenth floor right on the sand had some real advantages. Both the great room and the master bedroom enjoyed a floor to ceiling ( spectacular) Gulf view. I liked the balconies and the ability to open glass doors to catch the sounds and scents of the coast. Last night the moon was full and I loved seeing it glide across the sky painting the water's surface with various shades of grey. I'm pretty sure Monet was inspired by those kind moonbeams. Last night's semi- routine wake ups were welcome. I thought of that old Cat Stephens song - Moonshadows.

Now we're driving West to see the oil spill ... All we saw was beautiful white beaches. Everything looked good. All good.

I saw a lot of people on motorcycles. I think motorcycle rides look like a lot of fun. I thought a ride through the mountains would be fun, but after seeing motorcycles on those long stretches of road along the shore I can see that they'd be fun in a lot of different places. I wish we had the ability to hover like the vehicles in Return of the Jedi. I am afraid of motorcycles because I am afraid of the irregularities of asphalt. Wheels seem so inefficient.

I took Friday off. FI called and said the chief is packing his car. Friday was his last day. He worked very hard at what he knew to do at the flight school. I can see why his time at the helm is up, but I can also see his contributions. Tuesday will send off one of the most senior young CFIs. He will be missed. I am pretty fond of several of those young men. We expect many more of them to matriculated in the next couple of months. I'm proud of them. So - we're looking at w change in leadership and the normal ebb ans flow of these guys moving on to what comes next for their careers. Good strong pilots. Last week was a rough week - I sure hope things begin to stabilize soon

No comments: