The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chair

"found" abandoned ... as it looked this morning

I think this detail will be fun to inlay with turquoise

it sands easier "apart" the joints needed reworked anyway

the cane ... cool, but beyond repair because the drill holes for threading the weave  have deteriorated into a line
I'm going to leave the cane on there just cause it's cool ... will fashion a thin board seat to upholster
it will also help to stabilize the chair I think

I like this fabric, left over from another project.
I'll use the black and cream stripe for the welt cord

I have a bit of hand sanding yet to do, then I'll glue it back together 
As has always happened on previous projects, I "fall in love" with the chair as I sand it.  This wood is absolutely magnificent.  I'd keep on working on it now if we didn't have company coming in for dinner.
Fun.

No comments: